Saturday, March 7, 2009

We Are Making Progress!

Just so you know we are on top of the packing chores, check out the picture of Sarah's old basement bedroom - aka moms storage room.






Looks rather clean and empty does it not? Believe it or not the rest of the basement looks about the same. The only things left down here is the sofa, recliner, entertainment center and my computer on a card table! The rest of the house is getting close to being the same with one exception - the garage.







Needless to say we don't have room to park the cars inside anymore. And the old office building is about two thirds full also. I'm praying that the two moving vans we have ordered will be enough to take everything!

I look forward to this being over. I am so done with packing every spare moment! If we ever must move again before I die, I have determined that I will be much more efficient. I shall use the old gas can and match method. That's one gallon of gas, one match, and one very large pile of your stuff. Season stuff with gas and carefully light with match. Wait for a day or two until everything has cooled off. Sweep up stuff in a two gallon bucket and place in back seat of your car. Now you can move wherever you want - cheap!

I'm loaded with similar great idea's. Have I ever told you about spaghetti in a sack? Well...

2 comments:

Katie said...

I am so impressed with all the packing you guys have gotten done! I'm glad that you are still working hard without me there to crack the whip!

Be careful who you tell about spaghetti in a sack...you don't want anybody stealing your idea before it's patented. :)

Sarah said...

Wow-wee! Way to go you guys! Everything probably looks really bare; on the inside because you're packing like crazy, and on the outside because all the trees are gone. You'll be moving before you know it!